Chen’s Taichi, as Original Style Taichi, is The Chen family’s style of Tai Chi Chuan (Taijiquan ). It is the oldest and parent form of the five main Tai Chi Chuan styles. The Chen’s Tai Chi organization operates under the direct guidance of Grand Master Chen Zhenglei, 19th generation of the Chen family and 11th generation successor of Chen’s Tai Chi.
The Eastern Canada division is spear-headed by Master Leon (Li) Xu, 12th Generation Chen’s Tai Chi Inheritor, One of In-Door Disciples of Grand Master Chen Zhenglei, 7th Duan of Chinese Wushu(Kung Fu). He is also the Director of Systems and Standards in North American Chen’s Taichi Association.
Our Main Objectives are to promote and share this jewel of health & wellness throughout Eastern Canada and beyond:
- Build up Chen’s Taichi network
- Provide professional training and certification
- Promote and carry out the standard ranking system for Chen’s Taichi
- Organize Taichi related events and activities, such as workshops, forums and tournaments
- Organize international cultural exchange programs etc.
“Light of Taichi” 2017 Toronto Summer Camp &
International Taichi Competition
We said it last year and we’ll say it again – “A tip from the master tops ten years of hard work!” Students who attended the summer camps realized the importance getting training tips from the Grand Master. That’s why they have followed him. Now the 2017 “Light of Taichi” Summer Camp will be held in Toronto from Jun 17th to June 21st. A master of a generation Grand Master Chen Zhenglei will lead his top team and bring the most authentic and profound family arts to Taichi enthusiasts to Canada for the first time. His advanced disciples will gather in the Canada and assist him teaching at the workship. Don’t miss this great opportunity. Register now!
Oh wait! There is a Taichi Competition, too! We are organizing the first of its kind competition during the summer camp. Here are the highlights:
- It will be part of the world famous 27th International Dragon Boat Race Festival. The race has over 5,000 competitors and over 100,000 spectators. AND we are a part of that!
- The Taichi competition will be out-doors in a traditional ancient kungfu tournament setup. No, you don’t fight to the death! It’s only the setup and how the cores are called.
- We are adding an event in Duanwei routines (single and two-person). You won’t be graded for a Duanwei ranking certificate but you will be prepared if you intend to do one later.
- We are adding an event in Push-hands demonstration. What it means is that you will perform in pair and you will core in your performance in both technical and showmanship.
We are planning a Grand showcase by Grand Master Chen’s disciples on site and there will be many of them at this event. It will be a royal treat!
Exciting news on Tai Chi and Cancer Survivors
With a grant from the National Institute of Health (NIH)/National Cancer Institute, there is collaboration among the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tia Chi (IIQTC), Arizona State University, Mayo Clinic, and Dr. Byeonsang Oh to use Tai Chi (Taiji) and Qigong to improve cancer survivorship.
Tai Chi/Qigong is an ancient Chinese healing art with meditative movements. It has been widely practiced not only in China but also throughout East Asia. It has been clinically proven to improve people’s health, boost the immune system, and reduce stress. A new research project named “Effects of Meditative Movement (Qigong/Tai Chi Easy) on Fatigued Breast Cancer Survivors” is led by Arizona State University’s Linda Larkey, PhD….(Read More)
Instructor Training Program
Specially designed for Chen’s Tai Chi students who want to teach Chen’s Tai Chi. The “Chen’s Tai Chi Instructor Evaluation System” lays out the rules and regulations required for certification. After completing training and successfully passing the related exams, applicants will be issued certificates and may become Certified Instructors. In the future, they will get full support from Chen’s Taichi systems, including “Chen’s Taichi Association-Eastern Canada” and “North American Chen’s Taichi Association“, under Grand Master Chen Zhenglei.
Distribution of Certified Schools, Institutes etc. in Eastern Canada.